Friday 8 November 2019

Northern Lights

I recently came across the beautiful Northern Lights Technique by Denise McCabe (ably demonstrated in her video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBnTpF5obaQ  ) and I couldn't wait to have a go. As I'm mostly focused on Christmas - let's face it, I have been since July! - I ended up using it for a couple of festive designs.


The first is a simple 3D fold using the trees from the Rooted in Nature stamp set and the deer from the Snow Globe Scenes die set. The little greeting is from Itty Bitty Christmas. I've deliberately made this card small-ish so it can fit in a C6 envelope when it folds flat - perfect for posting.

The second card uses the Northern Lights effect as a background for the snowglobe, and obviously I used those dies here too. I love these bears - don't they look happy in that snow? I think if I did it again I would make the snow on the ground deeper, but I like the effect of the background within here - I think it gives it a little extra something.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment