Friday 20 April 2018

Faux Marquetry with Eastern Medallions Thinlets


I've blown this picture up so you can see the detail!  I call this technique faux marquetry, and I love the effects of swapping out the die-cut pieces for identical pieces cut in another colour.  In this case, I've used six different pieces of the Wood Textures DSP, along with some highlights in gold foil.  It's time consuming and fiddly, but I really think it's worth it, because the results look awesome!  Because it's die cut, there's no room for "getting it wrong" - the pieces are all the right size and shape because they've come from the same die - win!

Don't forget, I can do private classes for small groups, so contact me if you fancy having a go at this, or anything else on this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment