Monday 16 July 2018

The Road to Stardom

I was so proud of my Badger Cub a couple of weeks ago (well, I still am... ah, you know what I mean!).  He attends Stagecoach every Saturday, and we went to see his end of term showcase.  For those of you who don't know, the Cub has some additional needs, and has a history of not engaging particularly well with organised activities (case in point - at his performance last summer he jumped off the stage and tried to turn all the auditorium lights on, then had a meltdown when we wouldn't let him.  That should give you some context!).

So, imagine our delight when our little Cub sat and stood on stage, sang and spoke his lines almost perfectly (well, he is only five!), and was an all-round little star!  A week later he was awarded the Star of the Year award for the Early Years class and, well, Badger-tears were certainly shed!

I will never be able to adequately thank the Stagecoach staff for all the help, support and hard work they have dedicated to him, but I made his two main teachers these pop up gift card holders as end of term gifts.  Hopefully they can treat themselves as they recover over the summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment