Sunday 27 January 2019

Chillin' By the Bay

OK, all that Lemon Lime Twist might have been a bit much for me the other day - a bit of water-colouring should be just the ticket 😂 And a ticket to the seaside at that - what a stroke of luck!

It's Sale-a-bration time, which I see as a good excuse to challenge myself to use stamp sets I might not ordinarily choose from the catalogue because, well, they're FREE.  This is one such set: By the Bay is not my usual style, and to be honest one that would intimidate me a little bit had I not had a chance to try it out and see just how effective it can be. 


I'm looking forward to trying some other techniques with it, but this is straightforward watercolouring using the watercolour pencils, a bit of scrap card as a palette, and a brush.  My top tip is to spritz a bit of water onto one of the acrylic blocks: that way it's always handy, and I don't over-saturate my brush.

(oh, and the Badger Cub's drawing at the back?  That's a brick house, from the Three Little Pigs.  So now you know)


No comments:

Post a Comment