Thursday 31 January 2019

Forgotten Favourites

When I first got my hands on the 2018/19 Annual Catalogue in April last year the Graceful Glass Vellum stack was top of my wishlist. We used it as part of a make-and-take at OnStage, and I ordered it, marvelled at how truly gorgeous it was when it arrived (it's always an exciting day when the UPS man turns up with a box)... and then got a bit stumped because I wasn't really sure what to do with it!

Fast-forward to December, and I was determined to use it for Mama Badger's birthday card, because she likes all things churchy and mediaeval. I came up with this design, which has a keepsake bookmark concealing the greeting on the front, and I have to say, I was pretty pleased with it.


And then I could't get enough, so I made a few more, albeit simpler versions!  I love the "rose window" stamp for a background - it breaks up the white without taking the focus away from the coloured panel. I think I have a new friend in this vellum!


No comments:

Post a Comment