Saturday 26 May 2018

Magic Colours

I am loving this techniqe!  So much so, in fact, that I'm thinking of including it in a class in July..?

What I really love, though, is the vibrancy of the colours.  I'm well known for my love of rainbows, and they are never far away from my thought processes when I'm making and designing.  But so often we restrict ourselves to colours that "go together": all pinks, or carefully thought out combinations of neutral tones with one brighter accent.  We want our work to stand out (don't we?) but we also seem to stick to more unobtrusive combinations most of the time.


So, here's a challenge!  Pick some colours at random: just grab four from the drawer or the rack or wherever you keep them; pick a letter and use just colours that start with that letter; scroll through Pintrest and pick the first three colours you see mentioned.  However you get your colours, use them, all together.  I will share my results below: will you?

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment