Wednesday 23 May 2018

Scrapping Away

I love my scrapbooking, but it's one of those things I tend to do in fits and starts.  Sometimes I get all efficient and get to the bottom of my "to be scrapbooked" pile, but then other times I realise the pile has reached epic proportions.  This means I haven't done much for a while, and then I feel sad 😔 But then I try to set some time aside to get on top of it all, and I have a whale of a time!





As you can see, I didn't have too far back to go this time.  My first page of the weekend was Easter.  This pic was printed as a collage, but I struggled to fit it with any other pictures, so in the end decided to give it a page of its own.  I love finding different uses for stamps, and the streaky background was created with one of the watercolour streak stamps from the Waterfront set.  The paper is from the Colour Theory DSP stack (SO gutted that one is retiring), and the cross is from "Hold on to Hope".




Next, another couple of collaged pics and an ever-so-slightly silly one of me!  I doodled the background on this one using the Old Olive Stampin'Write marker, then making the flowers with the spot stamp (again from Waterfront - it's so versatile!) and finishing them off with a little fingerprint in Mango Melody.  Who says I'm too old for finger painting?!






I order photos every month through Freeprints, and it's a great way of getting a really good selection of every-day shots as well as recording special events.  It can sometimes be hard to find a home for the every-day pics, though.  Special occasions are great: several pics go nicely together on one page, perhaps with a few little mementos or some well-chosen Memories & More cards to bring it all together.  Everyday shots, however, are usually more individual, which is why I love this idea of making four mini-pages (6"x6") and putting them all together.

And finally, this is the reason I scrapbook:


Not only do I enjoy it, and enjoy looking back on the finished pages, but the Badger Cub also loves looking through them.  He often requests to look at them in leiu of bedtime stories, which I think is ever so sweet (although may be more to do with the fact that it generally takes longer... hm...), so I know it's a worthwhile hobby which we will all get pleasure from for years to come.





Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment