Monday 25 June 2018

Why I Love Colours

People sometimes ask me: "Do you only use Stampin'Up! products?"

The answer is... complicated.

For classes, yes, I generally only use current Stampin'Up! products, simply because I want people to know that they are available to buy if they want to.

However, I also have an eye for a bargain - a previous life working as a prop-maker in theatres has left me with a definite "I could use that... for something..." attitude when I see clearance sales or even just cheap and cheerful products. 


These flamingo and pineapple stickers, for example, cost me £1.  And because my son's flamingo-obsessed best friend was about to turn 4, it seemed a no-brainer.

BUT, although the focal point of these cards is not from Stampin'Up!, everything else is.  The cardstock (Island Indigo now retired 😢), the numbers (now retired 😢), the adhesive...  This is one of the things I love most about our products (oh dear, promotion alert!): not only do they co-ordinate perfectly with each other, but because we have such a gorgeous array of colours I can always find something to go with anything, because they provide such a strong backbone to my crafting stash.  Making these cards gave me a new favourite colour too - Petal Pink - which although it won't be paired with Island Indigo any more will definitely find plenty of other BFFs in my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment