Monday 27 August 2018

Challenging Colours

I've been doing some colour challenges based on the Colour Coach recently (thank you Uma for giving us all a prod when needed!).  I love these challenges because they really take me out of my comfort zone and make me think about different ways of doing things.

Like (I suspect) most people, I tend to choose the stamp set first and then colours which "go", but having to do it the other way around has made me look at things in a different way.  Sometimes I choose the set before I look at what the colours are going to be for that week and force myself to use that combination - this is what I did for the Beautiful You card and the Lift Me Up one.

For others I have combined sets - the big flower on the Tropical Chic card is actually the poinsettia from Stylish Christmas, but I think it goes really well!  Other colour combos have kind of taken care of themselves: for the Waterfront card with the mountains, the colours really made me think of a sunset, so that's what I went with.

In short, I love the colour challenges, and I'm just off to do another one!  I'll let you know what I come up with.







No comments:

Post a Comment