Thursday 23 August 2018

Crafters in Training

I do love my kiddie classes, although I often find that I have to think harder to come up with ideas for them.  I tend to use retired products for these classes so I can keep the costs down and keep the classes affordable for parents with multiple children, but this also means that I don't have to compromise on the quality of the products I use in these classes. 

I always make sure parents have a catalogue, because they can often be inspired by how easy it is to get good results, and want to have some materials at home so they can craft with their kids (or on their own!) in their own time.  This is particularly the case with Christmas on the horizon, so I'm making sure to have Autumn/Winter catalogues on hand!

These little lanterns were a big hit, so much so that I repeated the class!  They are made with vellum and fit nicely over an electric tea light, having been formed around... a humble toilet roll tube.  Simple is best 😃


2 comments:

  1. I recently spent an afternoon crafting with my 5yr old g'son and 3yr old g'daughter. We had a wonderful time. I was looking for new projects as theyre staying this weekend, this seems perfect! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really easy but effective - i like that they can be as complex or simple as the pattern, so my "grown ups" have been going home with some gorgeous designs too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete