Wednesday 19 September 2018

Colour Challenge: Part II






Well, due to some kind of computational nonsensery that is beyond my humble under-standing, my post is sideways today.  Wow, I'm a luddite, I know!

Maybe multiple pics are a bit much for my poor PC, but I thought I'd show you my latest collection of Colour Challenges.  The thing I love most about these is that they are all colour combos that I would never have picked off the shelf, and yet they all work.  Colour theory and design principles fascinate me, and I love that the Stampin'Up! colour suites fit so well with these principles so that well chosen colours always look like they belong together: even when they contrast, they contrast beautifully.

I wouldn't, for example, have chosen colours almost bordering on neon for a Christmas stocking, but how fab and funky do they look?  The swirl in the background, by the way, is from Stylish Christmas, and is one of my current very favourite stamps.

I wouldn't have gone with dark, muted colours for a baby card either, but again, it works well.  I love the more earthy tones, and it makes a lovely change from my usual yellow or turquoise for a baby card.

Speaking of yellow, I don't think I'd have been brave enough to pair Pineapple Punch with
Lovely Lipstick if I hadn't been prompted, but








used judiciously it has really brought this flower card to life.  I'm also very much in love with the Tin Tile embossing folder at the moment - definitely my folder of the month!

And finally, another current favourite, the Rooted in Nature stamp set, which I have only just purchased and I'm genuinely wondering how I managed without it in my life until now.  These leaf skeleton stamps are so delicate and precise that I think I have (yet another) contender for my "Favourite Stamp Ever" award.

I hope I may have inspired you to have a go with some colour combos you perhaps wouldn't have tried before, and I'd love to see your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment