Thursday 6 September 2018

Tricky First Album (Feat. Stampin'Badger B)

I can't take credit for this, but wanted to share because I think it looks absolutely stunning.  This is the brainchild of Hannah at HanCrafted Creations, and it took a good while, but I think the results are well worth the effort I put in.

As this was my first attempt I decided to use some retired papers, of which I have, ahem, one or two sheets knocking around (for "one or two sheets" read "one or two boxes full").  I have had these papers for a while but never quite managed to do anything with them: I bought them because, well, they're gorgeous, you can see that, but they aren't my usual style so they never quite came to the front of my mind until now.


The album has just three "pages", but so many fold-outs and flaps and pockets that it will comfortably hold around 20 6"x4" photos, and lots and lots of smaller bits besides.


One of my favourite elements of this album is the concealed magnetic fastners, which mean everything closes up really nicely.  That's the Badger Cub above, and Mama Badger below, incidentally.


Of course, it doesn't have to be photos that go in - tags, bookmarks, small cards, journalling cards, etc are all perfect additions too.


Another brilliant feature of this design (thanks Hannah!) is that the cards, pockets, etc aren't specific sizes: they can be made with the offcuts you have from the larger pieces, which is such a clever way to use your treasured papers economically.  


In fact, I may have gone a bit overboard with the additional cards, but I realised later that I have made most of them almost exactly Memories&More-sized, and what perfect designs these will be for scrapbooking autumn, which is just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment